If you like greek Gigandes plaki, you'll love this recipe!
- Overnight, soak 500 g of gigandes beans in water.
- The following day, cook the beans for 1 h in (unsalted!) water.
- Dice one Onion and in a large saucepan, fry it in loads (loads!) of olive oil.
- Add some diced saussages (e.g. Salami) to your liking.
- Squeeze 1 to 2 cloves of garlic into the saucepan and stir for a little while.
- Add a teaspoon of ground cumin and stir for a another few seconds.
- Add a small can of tomato purée and stir for some more seconds; add some more olive oil, if necessary.
- Peel approx. 500 g of Tomatos and remove their seeds; dice the pulp, put it into the saucepan, add a wee bit of vinager and stir for a minute or so.
- Add 2 to 4 peeled and diced carrots, a hand full of sliced celery and a little bit of water, perhaps adding some more olive oil.
- Season with approx. 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, salt and sugar and simmer for another 30 - 60 minutes.
- Finally, add freshly ground pepper as well as minced parsley to your liking, possibly adding even more olive oil.
Absolutely delicious as a contribution to a party buffet and also goes well with white bread as a main course!